Do I need fasting for investigations?
Yes, certain investigations do need fasting status.
The most common investigations which require fasting include :-
Common investigations which do not require fasting include :-
- Lipid Profile – 12 Hours
- Blood Sugar Fasting – 8 Hours
- Insulin Fasting – 8 Hours
- C Peptide Fasting – 8 Hours
- Ultrasound – Whole abdomen, Upper abdomen
It is always advisable to talk to the laboratory and clarify in advance.
- Kidney Function Test (Urea, Creatinine, Uric Acid, Electrolytes)
- Liver Function Test (Bilirubin Total, Direct, SGOT, SGPT, Alkaline Phosphatase, GGTP)
- Thyroid Function Test
- Urine Culture
- Bone Dexa
How do I give a urine sample?
- Urine Routine & Microscopic : Any urine in a clean container.
- Urine Culture & Sensitivity : Preferably first urine, mid stream, in a sterile culture container. (Available at the lab).
- Urine Microalbumin : Preferably second urine, in a clean container.
- 24 Hours Urine : Please collect container from lab and ask for instructions.
How do I prepare for an Ultrasound Examination?
Ultrasound Whole Abdomen : Fasting.
What are the timings for Dr P Bhasin PathLabs?
For blood tests Dr P Bhasin PathLabs is open 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week, 365 days a year.
For other investigations (ECG, TMT, Echocardiography, PFT, Bone Densitometry, Ultrasound, Colour Doppler) we are open Monday to Saturday, 8 AM to 1 PM (closed on Sundays and holidays). Please check with lab for appointment.
Do you have home collection facility?
Yes, home collection facility is available in Delhi and NCR regions. Please note, it is only with prior appointment and is a chargeable facility.
What all tests are available?
In laboratory we are doing all routine and specialized tests are available.
In our diagnostic division, following investigations are available :-
- Colour Doppler
- Bone Densitometry
I am a CGHS card holder, what documents do I require?
For CGHS Working beneficiaries:- Original Valid CGHS card should be shown at the time of requesting investigations (before billing) with prescription.
The tests would be done as per CGHS rates and payment would have to be made at the time of investigations. A receipt would be given for payment made and you would have to submit it on your office for reimbursement.
For CGHS Retired beneficiaries, The following documents are required : -
- Original valid permission letter,
- Copy of valid CGHS card,
- Copy of doctor’s prescription in which the mentioned tests are prescribed,
- Form No 2
No payment would have to be made towards investigations.
Please note a valid permission letter means, it should have following things clearly mentioned : -
- Permission letter number,
- Name of our centre,
- Beneficiary id,
- Signature of CMO incharge and STAMP
- The permission letter should be well within validity period
Is there any special provision for senior citizens?
Yes, we offer a 15% discount on our price list to all patients above 60 years if age. Please note this is not valid on any other panel price list or can not be merged with any other discount.
How and when can I collect my report?
Reports for blood tests are available on the website and through courier as well on request. Reports for non pathology investigations have to be collected from lab only.
How can I book my home collection?
You can call our home collection line between 9 AM and 7 PM at 9311193111 or reception at 41634173 or 41632200 and book a suitable appointment. Or you can log on to www.bhasinpathlabs.com
and go to “Request Home Collection”
What are the various mode of payments available?
You can by : -
- Credit Card
- Cheques (Only Priority Priviledge members)
Can I make a part payment of requested investigations ?
Yes, the investigations will be processed and reports will be printed but not delivered via courier, or over the internet. Reports with balance payments are not released.